Office: (909) 450-0369
Fax: (909) 450-0366
July ‘10-Present Partner, Inland Neurosurgery Institute (INI) (formerly LDR Neurosurgery)
July ‘07-July ‘10 Neurosurgical Associate
LDR Neurosurgery Group
June ‘08 – July’13 Clinical instructor in Neurosurgery rotations
Dec ‘06-June ‘07 Clinical Instructor in Neurosurgery,
Director of North Neurosurgery Service
July ’14 – Present Adjunct Assistant Professor, Touro University, CA
Nov ‘08-May ‘13 Western University Physician’s Assistant School clinical instructor
March ‘08-July ‘08
Medical Director of NeuroScience Program,
March ‘08-‘10 Member, Information Systems Advisory Committee, San Antonio Community Hospital
June ‘03-June ‘05 Functional/Stereotactic Neurosurgery Fellowship
Mentors: G. Rees Cosgrove, MD and Emad N. Eskandar, MD.
Pediatric Neurosurgery Rotation, Children’s
General Surgery Internship,
Degree: M.D. with Honors in Pathology
Degree: B.S. in Chemistry/Biochemistry with Honors & Highest Distinction
Awards and Honors:
2013, 2014 “Rising Star” (top 2.5%) in Neurological Surgery, SuperDoctors.com
2011 PVMC Guardian Angel recognition
2010, 2014 “Patient’s Choice Award” and “Compassionate Doctor Award” by Vitals.com
2003-2005 Neurosurgery Research and Education Foundation (NREF) Grant
2000 Alpha Omega Alpha
1999 Lucien J. Rubinstein Award (best oral presentation at Am. Assoc. NeuroPathology meeting)
1998 Angiogenesis Foundation's Mention for Innovative Research
1994-1996 Research Scholar Award
1996 Summa Cum Laude
1996 Outstanding Academic and Leadership Service Award
1996 Harlod C. Urey Award (best scholastic performance in the Class of 1996)
1995 Golden Key National Honor Society
1995 Phi Beta Kappa
June ‘03-June ‘05 Neurophysiology of the Primate (Human & Non-Human) Basal Ganglia
Preceptor: Emad N. Eskandar, M.D.
Grants: Neurosurgery Research and Education Foundation (NREF) 2-year grant
June ‘98-April ‘00 Angiogenesis in Brain Tumors
Preceptor: David Zagzag, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Neuropathology,
April ‘96-Sept ‘96 The Origin of the Genetic Code
Department of Chemistry,
Sept ‘94-June ‘96 The Organic Synthesis of Corranulene and its Derivatives
Preceptor: Jay Siegel, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry,
Peer Reviewed Publications:
1. John T. Gale, Kendall H. Lee, Ramin Amirnovin, David W. Roberts, Ziv Williams, Charles D. Blaha, Emad N. Eskandar, Electrical Stimulation-Evoked Dopamine Release in the Primate Striatum. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. Oct 2013.
2. Eden UT, Gale JT, Amirnovin R, Eskandar EN, Characterizing the spiking dynamics of STN neurons in Parkinson's disease using generalized linear models. Front Integr Neurosci. June 2012
3. Eden UT, Amirnovin R, Eskandar EN, Using point process models to describe rhythmic spiking in the subthalamic nucleus of Parkinson's patients. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. Aug 2011.
4. Gale JT, Shields DC, Jain FA, Amirnovin R, Eskandar EN, Subthalamic nucleus discharge patterns during movement in the normal monkey and Parkinsonian patient. Brain Research, Jan 2009
5. Gale GT, Amirnovin R., Williams ZM, Eskandar EN. From Symphony to Cacophony: Pathophysiology of the human basal ganglia in Parkinson disease. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, Apr 2007.
1. 2014, Citrus Valley Medical Center CME, Neurological Nursing, West Covina, CA
2. 2014, Pomona Valley Medical Center, DBS in Parkinson’s Disease & Essential Tremor, Claremont, CA
3. 2013, Casa Colina, Back pain – A multi-disciplinary approach, Pomona, CA
4. 2013, Casa Colina Rehab Hospital, DBS in Parkinson’s Disease, Pomona, CA
5. 2012, Casa Colina Rehab Hospital, DBS in Parkinson’s Disease, Pomona, CA
6. 2010, Citrus Valley Medical Center CME, Neurological Nursing, West Covina, CA
7. 2007, Pomona Valley Medical Center CME, Spine Trauma, Pomona, CA.
Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) Meeting,
Minimal Access Temporal Lobectomy:
Surgical Technique and Clinical Outcomes,
What Do Neurosurgical Residency Applicants Seek On The
Web And What Do They Find? Analysis of a Web-Based Chat Forum for
CNS Meeting, Multi-Modality Approach to Treatment of Trigeminal
American Society for Stereotactic & Functional Neurosurgery (ASSFN) Meeting,
Visually Guided Movements Attenuate Subthalamic Oscillations in Subjects with
Honors Thesis Defense,
Cell Apoptosis and Vascular Regression in Gliomas Precede
Anatomy Fellowship Project, A new Approach to the Dissection of the Middle
UCSD Annual Undergraduate Research Conference, The Origin of the Genetic
Code: A Critical Study of the Metabolic Theory.
AANS meeting, Experience
with Bilateral Subthalamic Nucleus Deep Brain Stimulation Guided by Multiple
AANS meeting, Oscillatory Activity of Subthalamic Neurons in Parkinson
Patients During Rest versus Voluntary Movement,
Assoc of Neuropathologists Meeting,
Vascular Apoptosis and Involution in Gliomas Precede Neovascularization,
2010 Diplomat, American Board of Neurological Surgery
2007-present Medical Board of California
2002-2007 Massachusetts Board of Medicine
2009-present North American Spine Society (NASS)
2008-present American Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ASSFN)
2008-present California Association of Neurological Surgeons (CANS)
2000-present American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
2000-present Congress of Neurosurgeons (CNS)
Copyrights: FarsiPad, Farsi word processor for Windows (81998, 1992-2002, TX 4-842-492).
Computer Graphics & Animation, Web Design, and HTML/XML/VRML coding.
Information Systems: Design and management - including web based systems.
Fluent in Spanish and Farsi.
Hobbies: Backgammon, bicycling, chess, computers, digital photography, roller blading, swimming, scuba diving, skiing, and weight lifting.
References: Available Upon Request